8 Trade Win Streak!!! Investors Underground New Member


Hi, thanks for visiting.  I recently had an unusual and amazing experience trading the other day, and thought I would share it in case any of you follow Tim Sykes or Nathan Michaud of Investor's Underground.

I'm a former Finance guy who used to use NPV (Net Present Value) to find undervalued stocks, called a "margin of safety" between the stock's current price and it's cash flow stream from now to a set point in the future, when I was bored one weekend and had the luck to watch Tim Sykes on Wallstreet Warriors.  Better than running screens and doing math, right?

I started to google him, and found out he had a wealth of information behind a wild and cynical personality; He was doing the exact opposite of what I was doing, and doing it better and faster; His Inverse Margin of Safety, shorting hype, was producing massive results; I learned to trust him from countless blogs and social media confirmation, because people were posting their results; not just their wins, but also their losses.  

So somewhere Tim linked me to Nathan Michaud of Investor's underground and I instantly recognized a similar shorting process, but what stood out about Nate, was his professional demeanor and desire to help.  If you sign up for his service he'll email and chat with you directly, while running a chat room and trading himself, verifying his trades on profit.ly all at the same time, so he never sleeps.   

I joined Investor's Underground in early July 2014, and have been watching the DVD, you need it to understand what's going on, and trying my best to trade only price action.  I also have the chat room, which is very strict, but needs to be, because it produces a chat window of nothing but real time trade alerts, no BS emotional observations from angry or lost traders.  The best part is, veteran traders will comment on the news and it's meaning, or lack of.

I have a medium sized account, 30k+, and I've been giving myself time to learn this style of trading, so I only trade small lots.  100-500 shares of stocks from $3-$30 most of the time.  I call it commission burning.  Larger lots at this point would only increase losses.  

So Friday, 8/15/14, I was in the middle of this commission burning process, and about to shut off my computer, when I did a HOD (high of day) screen, of stocks that were 1 Million > Volume, and started using the things I've learned; to short, to read the price fading, to see the momentum changing. So, I shorted, covered, found another, shorted, covered, on and on, until I had done 8 in a row, all, profitable, and all beat commissions by $20 or more.  I finally ended on the 9th, PBR for a -$9.00 loss, I covered at $16.51 just for your info.   The one long I had a profit from was an alert from Nate, MNKD.  



So.. Some could have been held longer, and I'll work on that next week, but the amazing thing is that this all happened and I was not in the mood to trade, low on caffeine, and wanted to shut off my computer and go walk around, but kept on hitting trade after trade.  

I then Personal Messaged Muddy, he's a moderator and experienced trader, and he said he'd never had anything like that happen, so I'm going to keep my size consistent next week because that means it was a streak, and if I go bigger all of a sudden, I could have some problems.  But having access to him and other traders who do make the mistake of going big, and seeing them post their losses as well as their gains, is giving me the discipline I need to make next week a winning week.

Gary
thehealthystyle@gmail.com
thehealthystyle, IU chat

http://www.investorsunderground.com/

2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog